Lacy's mom asked me if Emma wanted to be room mates with Lacy for this 5 day long camp for young ladies called "Time to Blossom". I had never heard of it. But it sounded really cool. Emma was one lucky duck and a week after getting back from Grandkids camp in Utah... she had another week long camp. This time at the Scottsdale Hilton for 5 days.
Joanna, Lacy, Emma and I all went out to lunch to "Zupas" on our way to drop them off. Lucky for them, they were room mates with 2 other sweet girls from their junior high.
The weeks schedule looked amazing with lots of youth speakers like Ardith Kapp, John Bytheway, Mindy Gledhill (and concert). Joanna and I left them at that hotel with lots of hugs. I walked away so excited for Emma and a little jealous that I wasnt staying at the Hilton for 5 days with lots of friends and a packed schedule of great speakers, food and fun, ha ha.
They sent us some funny pictures and texts like...
"We have some fun!"
Mindy Gledhill spoke and sang for them. We love her and have listened to her for a few years... so Emma was excited to meet her. She has her arm around Emma below.
After 5 days... Lacy's parents and Bruce and I drove together to pick them up, and see this little performance they did for the parents with a slide show of the week.
They looked tired! It was 5 days of not a lot of sleep, ha ha. Then the 6 of us went out to eat at Grimaldi's. And the girls told us all about their week. I thought it was a spiritual camp like EFY, and there was some of that, but it seemed more about self confidence and teenage motivational speakers, and service projects and fun. Emma loved it. (even though Logan said "by the name of it, it sounds like they are going to talk about puberty all week." ha ha ha)






3 comments:
How Mormon do you have to be to go to that? Morgan would have loved it. Tell us if anything like that comes up again. We do have part of the Proclamation to the World up in our home so we may qualify. Love you guys!
Dear Emma,
I LoVeD hearing all about your week at Time to Blossom!! It is so much fun to watch you grow up. I love how excited you are about everything and you are a party in a box and so fun to be around!! But more than that, you are a good girl. I sure do love you miss Emma lou!!! love, aunt chrissy
emma, I Love the picture of you flying? or leaping? onto the bed! I love your facial expressions. You can tell you had such a good time. Dang, I really should do some work. love you.
Post a Comment