For Cub Scouts the other night, we went to a
Gilbert Town Council meeting for
"Operation Welcome Home".
It is a program where the Town of Gilbert honors service men returning home from overseas. Anyone from the community is invited to attend to help honor them. I was so impressed with how many people came. It was a very moving patriotic night. And my neighbor was awesome and showed up with a big homemade sign and balloons.
I loved bringing these boys to that Town Council meeting so they could see some honorable men being recognized.
The entire council meeting was surrounded with these "freedom riders" holding american flags. Such a beautiful display of patriotism.
I hope my children grow up appreciating what great sacrifices have been made by normal people to help make our country great... And grow up feeling inspired to want to do great things themselves.
1 comment:
Dear Logan,
What a COOL scout activity you did!! WaY to GO!! I love when you come hang out at my house. You are so fun!! My favorite things about you are: 1. you are so smart 2. you are so funny 3. you can draw REALLY good!!! 4. you dress so fly
I love you Log! love, aunt chrissy
Post a Comment