"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Monday, July 1, 2013

EFY


Dallin went to EFY (Especially For Youth) earlier in June. Its a church camp for 1 week in the dorms at NAU.  It was his first time. 

Dallin texted me all day on and off. Texts like (direct quotes from my text history):

"We are eating dinner me and isaac are the biggest studs here!!!!!!!!! :)"

"We had like three lessons today one was about goal setting one was about listening to the spirit in standing true to your faith"

"Classes are over for the day. One class was really inspiring it was about being nice"

"We had a super spiritual day"

"Dance is over you would be very proud!!!!!!"

"I slow danced with her!!!!!!! (mostly for you)"

"We first sang 'I stand all amazed' before testimony meeting and I had to stop singing cause I was crying"

"I started crying 5 seconds in to my testimony"

"Yeah.... I cried harder than most girls I destroyed my napkin"

"I love you too I have to go to bed goodnight"

That was just some of them. I didn't even tell him to, he just kept updating me on how things were going and it made me so happy. What a great experience. He told me when he got home that he has never been so happy. He said "you are so happy because you feel the spirit so strong all week".  

And now he has been texting lots of darling girls he met there that live in the area. EFY reunion with the kids he met there is at our house next week. So thankful for programs like this.

And while he was gone, we did some fun stuff with the little kids. Alyssa and I took our kids here one day: 
(Logan was going to go too, but he got invited to Big Surf with the Krizans. Lucky duck!)

2 comments:

lorie said...

I love seeing all your kids on this blog! Keep it up!

Frolicking Night Owl said...

ahhh...i went to summer camps at BYU every summer. Academy for Girls before I was old enough to go to EFY - some of the best times of the growing-up years. Glad Dallin could go & I can't wait for my kids to be old enough to go do this fun stuff!!