"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Dallin

SCOUT CAMP
Although Dallin has always been a part of a very small scout troop, luckily for him the guys are his best friends. He has always loved scouts. Dallin lives for being outside, exploring, catching creatures, and getting dirty. He really would be happy to be dropped off to live outside on a mountain. ha ha. I have always been very thankful for the Scout program for him. 

At this summer's camp these boys did a lot of super cool out doors stuff... but they stayed at a cabin. 
No roughing it in tents like they've always done in the past!  

His leader emailed some pictures taken. 
They went fishing, horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking.... some other stuff I can't remember, Snowflake temple to do baptisms, car racing... and watched movies every night at the cabin.
I am very thankful for how much this boy has matured recently. I didn't think I would live through his 12-13 year old years. Wow those were some awkward times. But what a joy he has been lately. He's gotten nicer, less obnoxious, so funny, and more socially normal. 
(what a relief, ha ha)

The sunday after he got back, I was surprised to see him on the couch on his phone with his ear phones in. I went up to him to remind him that it was sunday. (Sunday is our break from the world, not tv, no music, unless its spiritually related) Wasn't I happy when he showed me that he was listening to a conference talk preparing his home teaching lesson. I love that boy!

No comments: