This year in California, I went to the San Diego Temple 3 times.
On Sunday we went as a family after church to walk around the temple grounds together. So... incredibly... beautiful.
On Thursday morning Ashlin and I went together to the temple, just the 2 of us, to help with baptisms. I pictured the first time taking one of my children in the temple would be me showing them around and helping them know what to do. But I haven't been to help with baptisms in years, and Ashlin has done that most every week this last school year. This was the first time we went in the temple together. And it was so sweet that my daughter had to show me around.
On Friday morning, my cousin Tiffany and I went to the temple to do a session.
I love the temple.
I made a goal to go to the temple every week this summer. Since there are some weeks that can't happen, I had to make up for it by going other weeks more than once. And why do I make that goal? Because in the temple "All is well". There is a hymn that talks about no matter what happens in this life, 'All is well'... if we put our trust in the Lord. I love the sweet feeling of peace I feel when I go and sit in the temple. Things all of a sudden sink in to the right perspective. The worries and stress of this world melt away as I remember that this is a short period of time in the eternal perspective. And all that really matters is who we are becoming. I have also learned that the power of the Lord is real, and as we seek Him more, He strengthens us in our abilities to be better people. I have been so much more patient with my children this summer, and have enjoyed them more. I know that is a blessing that comes from the sweet spirit that fills my soul as I go to the temple. There is nothing more that I could want than to be filled with love for my family. (instead of frustration, anger, stress, etc). What a blessing love is. I am filled with love when I go to the temple regularly. I can literally feel the difference in my life. It is what pulls me back again and again. It is a place of peace.
I love my family.
PS) But we did laugh at the "temporary visitors center" that was up in the parking lot. ha ha. We are still wondering what that was about...






1 comment:
I've been meaning to tell you that I'd like to do with you sometimes, if you're looking for someone to go with. I probably can't go until after school starts, but after that I should be fairly open. :)
Post a Comment