"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Sunday, July 28, 2013

Thirty-Eight and Still Way Great

                                                                      ***
This blog post is going to be a little different, because my mom won't be the one creating it.
                                                                      ***
I love to read my mom's blog, she is so clever and crafty in the way she displays our family's events. However, she tends to miss one very important thing...    her
Today is my mom's birthday and instead of my mom sharing the sweet things her kids and husband did for her on her special day I wanted to share how much we appreciate her.
                                                                      ***
I have never met anyone like my mom, she truly is a unique woman. She holds every quality I hope to have when I grow up and am asked to do the things she has done. 
My mom was blessed with so many gifts that enable her to do so many different things, I honestly am overwhelmed when I think of all that she does. She is busy all day with six kids and their friends and her church callings and the unimaginable amount of service she provides. There is no way just one person can do all that, even my mom. That is how I know she is so close to her Heavenly Father. He guides her every action and she allows Him to shape her life. You can feel His love when you are around her, it obvious that she centers her life around His will. 
                                                                      ***
My grandparents are fantastic and spunky people. My mom always speaks so highly of them and the life they lead. I look at my mom and see them in her.
My grandpa is always looking for fun unique things to do as a family and is always so sweet with his grandchildren, he loves little kids. My mom is the same way, we are constantly having get togethers and parties and crazy activities with everyone we know or don't know. My mom has always had a special connection with kids, they love her and she loves to be around them.
My grandma was quite the character. She was crazy and stubborn, but her fiery passion was also found in her ability to love and serve. Whenever we went to grandma and grandpa's house she had little gifts and endless amounts of food. She was constantly fussing over the babies, making sure they were as happy as everyone else. The life my mom lives teaches us that true happiness comes from the way we serve. Her heart is full of love for everyone she meets. We sometimes tease her about the friends she makes in the grocery store check out lines, but her ability to connect with people is simply amazing. She is filled with patience and faith daily. 
                                                                      ***
It is hard for me to talk about my mom without crying, I constantly wonder why I was so blessed to be given a mother who spends her life teaching us how to live the way our Father in Heaven would want. She has lived a life that I want to follow. I want to serve like she does, I want to love others like she does, and I want the courage she has to share her testimony with anyone. I want to grow up and have people say "wow, you are just like your mom" because that would mean I have a lived a life to be proud of.
I love you mom, Happy Birthday! -Ashlin
                                                                      ***

8 comments:

chrissy said...

aShLiN!!! I loved your mom's birthday post. you are so right, your mother is a great example to all of us. You have such a fun and loving family!! Now that I have a family of my own, I often do things that I learned from your mom. I'm SO happy to know that families are Forever!!! I love you guys and Happy Happy Birthday to my little sister. Love, Aunt Chrissy

Carrie said...

What a wonderful surprise to write a blog to your mom, that was so sweet. I started reading it by myself and thought all my kids would love to see this so I stopped and gathered them in the family room and I projected the blog on the tv so we could all see. We all sat around and the kids tool turns reading it. It was so nice and we all agreed with everything you said! Lexi said "that was super sweet, and glad my mom doesn't blog because I couldn't write like that". Amber loved how well you described Cherryl. Clavin thought how cool it was that you snuck on to Cherryl's blog and surprised her. I love how you also mentioned our parents and their great examples we learn from. Yes we love Cherryl and she inspires us all to be more loving, more fun, more spiritual, to just be better people..I am so lucky she is my sister! And Ashlin YOU help inspire all the grandchildren to be better as well, you are so kind and patient and loving and hard working and spiritual also, so thank you for helping my kids be better young adults. We love you guys! And happy birthday Cherryl!

chrissy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chrissy said...

lame. carrie HAD to show me up and write a way better comment. so typical.

Carrie said...

Ha ha, that is so funny Chrissy... It was so not way better and so not typical. Just so you know you I see that you always write such nice things to people on Facebook, especially everyone's birthdays. I only write things occasionally...when I feel like it. So you beat me hands down on consistent nice comments :)

Frolicking Night Owl said...

Best blog post ever! :)

Alisa said...

Awww, so cute. Cherryl, you really are amazing.

Late birthday love to you!

Emily Lauren said...

I am just reading this, but I too think this is the sweetest post! Ashlin- I hope Mabry turns out like you (and hopefully writes about how amazing I am, haha). Seriously though, what a great tribute to your mom and what an accurate description of her. I'm so lucky to be neighbors, cousins, friends, and visiting teaching companions (yeuh) with such an amazing woman! Love you Cherryl!