"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Helping

I took Dallin, Emma and Logan with our cub scouts to "Feed My Starving Children" (in Tempe) to  help pack food that is sent to starving children around the world.
I was so impressed with this christian organization.
This is a GREAT family activity. We are going again. You can bring children 5 and older!

 Everyone had a job: Scooping food, bagging it, weighing it, packing it. 
My kids didn't complain about going, but I don't think they thought they were going to enjoy it as much as they did: 
They told stories about where the food is going that broke my heart. I knew that we could bring money if we wanted to donate. But it wasn't until we got there that I saw how even a small few dollar donation is helpful. You always hear about horrible things happening in the world, and wish there was a way you could help. This was so easy and you really felt helpful.

One of my naughtiest cub scouts said to me while we were packing food, "I feel really warm inside, like I am doing something good." And it made me cry, because I could feel it too, and I was so happy for him that he could feel proud of himself for doing something good.


*Ashlin just registered, and is taking a group of 25 friends there. She told everyone to bring $10, what they would have spent going to a movie... But instead they can give $250, which feeds 3 homeless children for a year.

2 comments:

chrissy said...

That is SOOOOO Cool!! What a wonderful service project. I love what your naughty scout said and felt. So great to know you are making a difference in him AND in the world!! love, aunt chrissy

Carrie said...

Great post, loved the kids (mostly emma) rockin out to 1D while doing service! Awesome!