My neighbor and I took our kids to Skateland the week our husbands and oldest sons were gone at scout camp. Only like 15 other people in all of Chandler had the same plan, the place was almost empty. The kids were done skating after like 10 minutes, and just wanted tokens to play video games. We bought tokens, but in effort to keep them skating... I kept all of the tokens and gave my kids 2 tokens at a time. I told them they had to come find me on the skate rink, and skate around once to earn each additional 2 tokens. ha ha. Alisa and I skated and chatted for 90 minutes straight while the kids came and went.
Then we went to Joe's BBQ.
The Rootbeer floats were HUGE and yum.
So rare to go out with JUST my Logan and Lily.
Thank you to Emily for watching Sophie that night, so I could enjoy a night out with my middles! All of the above would have been hard with that crazy 3 year old girl along. What a treat!
Side Note: Some times I think my life would have been so easy if I would have stopped at 4 kids, or 5 kids and I didn't still have a young-screaming-fit throwing-stubborn-bed wetting toddler. Because she can be exhausting. But those are passing thoughts, because more often I think how thankful I am to still have a little one around. But it's hard work too. Today I had to take her out of sacrament meeting and hold her on my lap screaming for like 20 minutes in the foyer. It was embarrassing. But she's sweet too and makes us laugh.... all.... the.... time. Last night Emma's friend was over and they were laughing laughing at everything Sophie said. Today Sophie massaged one of my feet with lotion while Emma did the other one. (I put a you tube video on for them on how to give a good foot massage, ha ha) Sophie told me she loved me most, then said,"we hate dad, right?" ha ha. {She usually prefers Bruce.} Tonight Dallin and Emma were begging Sophie to let them read her books. Just this week alone Logan and Ashlin separately begged me to have one more baby. ha ha.

No comments:
Post a Comment