
This month was Emma's 12th birthday. She became my favorite child for the day when she informed me that she didn't want to have a birthday party with friends, but instead wanted to just go out as a family. Hallelujah!
We told her she could choose anything she wanted. And she chose SKATELAND.
All 8 of us went, and it was just what our family needed. We had so much fun together with just our family. It made me realize how important it is to not always be doing stuff with other people. We laughed so hard and came home feeling even closer as a family.
Thank you Emma!
Sophie was out there too...

You see how these girls in the background below are holding hands for dear life. This is how most the little kids looked. BUT NOT LILY! She is a dang good skater. She was by far the littlest one out there so confident, skating circles around kids bigger then her.
Other kids her size and bigger were using these little balance things above, and still falling. It was so fun to see Lily SO happy knowing she was good at something. She was practicing tricks on one leg and skating her heart out!
Unfortunately, we can't say the same for Bruce.
ha ha hah a, he was so funny out there, grabbing the wall every chance he had. Turns out, balance isn't his strength. Emma was debating wether to invite the whole family for her birthday outing or just us girls. After thinking about it, she decided on everyone because she told me, "I want to hold hands with dad on couples skate". (So sweet) I told her she was going to have to hold him up.
After skating, per Emma's birthday request...
We all went to Bahama Bucks.
I can't believe it. Emma is now 12.
I worried that Emma would grow up and be sassy, because she had so much spunk in her at a young age. But I am so happy that Emma is a very sweet, very caring girl. Although she does sometimes roll her eyes, she rarely talks back to me and always wants to be helpful. Just today I left her babysitting all morning. When I came home she had cleaned the whole downstairs as a surprise for me, and was sad I came home before she could load the dishwasher.
I love you Emma!
3 comments:
That was, in all honesty, one of the most fun birthday parties I have ever been to. I dont know if it was the fact that dad couldn't stop hugging the wall or that Lily was making everyone jealous, but every time I hangout with my crazy family I end up loving them even more(: Thanks Emma for that awesome idea!
What sweet girls (and boys) you have!! Your new house looks awesome!!! Esp the basement!
Just so you know she did tell us at one point that Mom's are perfect and know everything. When we told her that no, adults are in fact not perfect she was actually quite shocked. She is so sweet and she is very insightful during class and we love having her.
Post a Comment