"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Monday, January 9, 2012

12 Kind Days

This year we were surprised to find on Dec 12th a gift on our front door step with a tag that started, "On the FIRST day of Christmas my true love gave to me..." and the giver was anonymous.

I couldn't believe someone was embarking on such a kind/time consuming thing for our family! It made me cry. So so kind. It was a beautiful Christmas Cookie Jar.

Over the next eleven days our sweet Secret Santa left us something every day, never forgetting us once. Every day I would hear my kids saying to each other, "Has the gift come yet today?" -OR- "I wonder what is coming today!!". A few times it came later in the evening and the kids couldn't go to sleep, but waited upstairs until they heard the door... then they all came running down to get it. It was such a sweet thing for someone to do for us. We received all kinds of neat things like stuffed animals, bells, treats, jump ropes, homemade crayons shaped like ornaments, Reindeer ears for everyone in our family AND homemade Christmas ball ornaments for each person with their name hand painted on them. I cried. My heart was touched so many times at all of the effort and time our Secret Santa put in to the gifts.

On the 12th Day our anonymous "True Love" showed up at our house dressed as SANTA! ha ha ha. To our surprise, it was our FIFTEEN year old neighbor Katy!!!! Can you believe someone who was 15 would spend so much time doing that for us?? It was the SWEETEST thing ever! I will always love her for it. I loved her already. (It was especially funny because she is always dressing up crazy, doing silly stuff out front and we laugh and honk at her, or she comes over in costume... then she came dressed as Santa)

We will always remember Miss Katy Parkerson.

It was such a neat experience that we decided as a family to do it for someone else NEXT year. We can't wait!!

No comments: