In January Ashlin and Vanessa started begging me to take them snowboarding, they had never been. I grew up snow skiing and have always wanted to go again. I hadn't skied in like 19 years. I have been nursing or pregnant for many years, and the last few years feeling like I needed to lose weight before I could snow ski. But they were so cute begging me at midnight one night, that I told them YES, I will take you this month! They were SO excited.
It was just me, Ashlin and Vannessa.
I had 4 weeks to get ready... and... well.... I didn't lose as much weight as I dreamed I would, only like 12 pounds. But I jogged 3 miles every morning. (5 days a week). I was still concerned that I was too chubby to ski.... but SOOOOOO excited to go try!!!

GUESS WHAT??? We had SO much fun!
and GUESS WHAT ELSE??? I was NOT too chubby to ski. In fact, I did so good! I was so happy! I totally still remembered it from my youth.

We skied/boarded for 2 days... I never fell once.
The girls wiped out constantly learning to snow board. It was so funny. They were so sore they couldn't even lift their forks up to eat. ha ha. But they were having so much fun learning... and they got a lot better.
GUESS WHAT ELSE???
I LOOOOOOVED being alone. I debated bringing another adult. But I decided the 2 things I really needed was time with my daughter and time alone. I never get time alone, and individual time with my children is so rare too. It was HEAVENLY to drive up and not have to talk to anyone, but just listen to music and the girls chatting and singing. AAAAAH, refreshing. And while we were at Sunrise I spent as much time as I wanted with them, but then would take off and ski on my own, and do whatever I wanted. I rode the ski lift multiple times with the girls, which was so fun. But it was also SO wonderful to ride it by myself, and look at that beautiful scenery (breath taking) and meditate and pray and just think how happy I was to not have to be doing anything for anybody else. I want to cry still because it was such a wonderful break.
I love my daughter Ashlin. Something wonderful about her is she is always positive and happy. It is just a treat to be with her. Her and Vanessa have been friends since 4th grade. I am so proud of Vanessa too, for what a wonderful young lady she's grown in to, and the way she has chosen to live her life.
We ate lunch together each day.
P.S. Both these girls paid their own way with money they had earned working. That was the deal. I paid for the hotel and gas though.
P.S.S Ashlin is wearing her Great-Grandma's ski jacket. How cute is that? My grandma LOVED skiing, that is always who we went up with. How many girls can borrow cute clothes from their great grandmother?
5 comments:
What a great post! Congrats on dropping 12 pounds! And good for you to go running every day!! I need to get my lazy rear in gear!! :) And you did deserve a break ... I'm jealous of your quiet, peaceful moments! What a great outing to enjoy with your daughter & good for them to help pay for the trip. I don't think I've been skiing since before I got married, but I remember it being tons of fun! :)
This looks like SUCH a fun trip! Makes me want to go snowboarding, but I'm scared cause it's been so long. This post also makes me want a girl :) You're such a fun mom!
Not very much weight to you = 12 Pounds?
What?? Are you crazy????
That is an amazing accomplishment for any amount of time, let alone one month.
I am very impressed. (And glad you didn't fall while on the slopes.)
What a fun trip! How nice that you got some alone time and time with Ashlin as well. :) I bet it was refreshing. Great job on not falling; and holy cow, 12 pounds is totally awesome!! That takes hard work lady.
Again...coolest mom award! Cherryl you are such a hottie!
Post a Comment