One day it was just Sophie and I home, and she was happily playing while I was getting stuff done (truth be told, updating my blog). I could hear her cute little voice upstairs.
Some time went by and I realized I hadn't heard her in a long time. I jumped up and started yelling "SOPHIE, what are you doing?" No answer. Usually she answers.
I ran upstairs, knowing thats where she was, and looked in every room, calling her name. It was silent and she was NO WHERE upstairs. I knew she wasn't downstairs, so my little heart started beating faster, and I felt like a horrible mother. Just as I was about to panic I heard this faint little Sophie voice coming from the deck. The sliding door to the deck was closed, I didn't think she knew how to close it. I opened the door to check, and this is what I found:
She was all snuggled in masses of blankets, pillows and stuffed animals... lounging with her head back, looking at the park behind our house with a big smile on her face. It was the cutest site.
I had no idea how all that stuff got out on the deck.
I found out after school that after we had put Dallin and Logan to bed the night before, they snuck all that stuff out on the deck and slept outside together. Bruce forgot to tell me that is where he had found them at 5:50am when he woke them up for family scriptures.
1 comment:
Ha ha. Nothing like losing a kid (or three) to help you feel fantastic about your parenting skillz.
That's the best part about having so many kids...we always have more of them just in case anything happens to one!
Post a Comment