I decided that Logan needed to know that I don't just get mad at him, but I also really love him.
So last wednesday on Bruce's day off, we surprised Logan in the middle of the day by pulling him out of school to take him out to lunch with us. It made me so happy to think of Logan sitting in his class unaware as he heard the surprise office intercom call that "LOGAN VERNON" needed to come to the office and was leaving. I can remember how exciting that was as a kid.
I could see how hard he was trying to hide his curious excitement as he quickly walked down the hall towards me.
When I signed him out, I hope it wasn't too untrue that I wrote for reason "appointment". I told Logan that I forgot to tell him he had a Doctors Appointment. He immediately said nervously, "Do I have to get a shot?".
Then as we walked out the front door and he saw Bruce in the car, he looked confused..... until I told him, "Oh, it is actually a LUNCH appointment with DOCTOR Vernon!"
And then he got a big smile on his face, and we laughed.
Aren't we trickers??
2 comments:
So fun! I have such fond memories of my parents surprising me like that at school. Can't wait till my kiddos are old enough...
That's adorable! I think "appointment" was a very appropriate explanation! You guys are awesome parents. : )
Post a Comment