"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Sunday, February 12, 2012

My Valentine

For Lily's class Valentine party we signed up to bring a treat. Lily asked me if we could make heart sugar cookies, and I said "Absolutely". The party wasn't until friday, so I told her we would make them together, just her and I, on thursday. She counted down the days. Every day she talked about when her and I were going to make "heart sugar cookies with pink frosting and sprinkles". On thursday she asked if we could put Sophie down for a nap first, so she wouldn't get in the way. I talked Lily in to letting Sophie help us make the dough. After Sophie went down for a nap, Lily helped me roll out the dough and cut heart shapes. We read books together on the couch while each batch baked in the oven. I thought multiple times that kindergarteners would be just as happy with store bought cookies, but then I quickly thought, but this is all about time with Lily. We made 1 big heart for each of the kids in our family to have after dinner. We frosted and sprinkled them that night.

Lily was so excited to bring her cookies to school the next day.

Then to my surprise...

That night I went to bed late, after everyone was sleeping. I found this homemade card secretly placed on my pillow.

Front:
Inside:

"I love you mom you make me so viwe (very) happy mom"
"and i no you love me to"

It made me cry. It is so much work to be a mom. Then I read this sweet card, that Lily sounded out all on her own, and it made everything worth it.


HOUSE UPDATE:
Last week Lily, Sophie and I went to take pictures. Our basement had all cement walls and HALF of a cement floor...

When Lily saw that only half the basement had cement floor, she said, "We can just put carpet over the dirt". ha ha. See how easy she is to please.... she can definitely be my Valentine. :)

2 comments:

Frolicking Night Owl said...

So sweet!

Tiffany said...

That is the sweetest card ever!! Your kids are soooo lucky to have you for their mom!!