"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Friday, February 3, 2012

Run

Dallin did Cross Country this winter.

Dallin has really slimmed out this school year. He started off the school year doing a "Fitness Merit Badge" for Boy Scouts. He had to run every week and try and improve his time. He improved his mile by 2 minutes in 8 weeks. He wanted to keep up his running, so he joined Cross Country at his school with his buddy Isaac.

(Dallin above in white)

I'm so proud of him that he joined Cross Country even though he wasn't as fast as most the other boys... that made me almost prouder of him, that he did it any way, because he wanted to improve himself. He also signed up for two hours of PE at school (regular PE and Advanced Fitness). He would come home each day telling me how many miles he ran between everything. He has gotten so much taller and thinner in the last few months. And its because he has worked hard.

When he runs in meets, he's always in the last quarter of boys. But he was telling me that when he runs in practice he can stay in the front half. He said, "but thats only because I am running as fast as I can run while the rest of them aren't trying". He is so sweet.

Funny thing... after the last meet, I took him out to dinner, just him and I. It was fun to just talk to him. He was cracking me up. He was telling me how rich Ashlin is... he said:

"Did you know she has a $100 bill?"
"If I had a $100 bill, I would go to the bank and trade it for all one dollar bills."
"Do you KNOW how many dollar bills that would be??"
Then he paused and said, "like a HUNDRED"

I am still laughing over that one.

Dallin and Isaac below
↓ (they've been friends since they were 1) ↓
I love you Dallin!
(Dallin- can I tell you how thankful I am for a good son every night when I check on you after you're asleep, and I hear your ipod set to church music..♥)

No comments: