I hope that whatever you are eating tonight... you serve it on your nice plates, with all the lights off in the house, candles lit, and classical music on!
We had our traditional Valentines Dinner last night for "Family Home Evening" (Ashlin has a school event tonight). From youngest to oldest, everyone around the table says a reason they love each person in the family. The kids say I always cry when I say why I love Bruce, but I didn't... I actually cried when I said why I loved Ashlin and Emma. When Bruce was saying why he loved Sophie, she burped and started laughing. That was probably everyones favorite moment... or when Sophie told Lily she didn't love her. When Logan was telling Emma why he loved her, I found out that he gets picked on on the bus by some mean boys and Emma sticks up for him.
Hearts were on the wall...
and even Sophie got to drink her cranberry juice from a fancy glass.
Ashlin's friend Vanessa came over for a VERY SPECIAL REASON, but caught the tail end of our "telling why we love each other" and treasure hunt with clues for dessert.
She came to make invitations with Ashlin and have her nails painted by Emma for a VERY SPECIAL REASON coming up....
Vanessa is getting BAPTIZED this friday!!!!!!!!
Ashlin and I have been crying all week!!!
Ashlin and her have been friends since 4th grade and Vanessa has come with us or Ashlin to Activity Days, church, family scripture study, YW, vacations, Family Home Evening, parties, girls camp, etc.. for years. She has wanted to be baptized since she was TWELVE, and her father finally gave her permission last week!
(sorry that Ashlin is wearing the Valentine gift bow in her hair...)
She is an amazing beautiful young lady and we are SO happy for her!!
6 comments:
K- great post! Gave me chills reading about Vanessa!! YEA!! What a great story! And HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! Maybe I'll make my family tell each person why they love each other tonight. I'm sure they'll love it! :) :)
We're having our fancy dinner tonight! Yours looked amazing!
I love reading your blog and all the cute family stories. Your family is so adorable!
Happy Valentines Day!
How exciting for Vanessa. That is very cool.
I LOVE your Valentine's Day tradition! I'll have to do that next year! Dinner would have been so much better with the lights off. And I love that one of your kids said they didn't love one of the others. HAHAHAHA! So cute!
And congratulations on Vanessa joining the church. It's amazing! We're so happy for her and for your family for being a part of it.
So neat about Vanessa, she is so lucky to have you guys living down the street... what a life changing decision! I actually thought of your family having a nice sit down dinner while geoff and I selfishly had our traditional mexican food (and we left amber in charge of trace even cuz lexi was babysitting!) But we did celebrate v-day with our kids monday night driving decorated sugar cookies to all their church teachers:) I also made homemade ones for lexi and calvin's class (thinking like you why don't I buy them) but hoping they would appreciate the effort. But I wasn't as nice with everyone helping me and chose to do them while everyone was at school! LOVED Lily's thank you card and go lily for being student of the month.
Such wonderful, amazing news about Vanessa!!! My heart is so happy!
Post a Comment