"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Last Christmas post...

The Blake Family Christmas Program
has been at my house the last few years.

I thought we would have it outside on the stage. We got 60 chairs from the church to set up... but the grass was too wet from all the rain, so we did it inside.

I didn't think there'd be enough room for 60 people inside, but it worked out even better in our entry way/living room.

Chairs in Place...
Children getting ready.
"Backstage" (aka, the family room) all the great grand children got in their costumes for the Nativity Play...
Lily was SO excited to be an angel this year. (She is my angel) And look how cute Avery is next to her too.
Audience getting in their seats for the program.
These are MY grandparents & my dad below.
My dad always has a baby on his lap
Aunt Jeni Narrating
And of course, Uncle Gordon on photography
The Nativity
Bekah playing piano in the background while the children act out the events leading up to the Birth of Jesus. Bekah played songs by memory that fit each scene, she is amazing. The sweet piano in the background really set the mood, it made me cry. Favorite moment of December!
Talent Show
After the nativity play, there is a talent show, its tradition.
{I am still trying to get the video of my kids talent to upload}

Christmas Carols
After the talent show, my aunt Marcia passes out the page of lyrics (18 songs), and my Uncle Ron (and this year Karen too) play the guitar while we sing Christmas carols... all 18 songs! I love it. There is nothing neater then singing those songs and looking around the room at all these people I love and all the kids dancing and being silly.
I My Family!!

And if you look really close below to the left, you can see that my sister Chrissy brought her new boyfriend this year... oooo la la

1 comment:

Grand Central Staten said...

Just another reminder of why I wanted to have a lot of kids. Someday I will have enough grandkids to do their own nativity play. It looks so fun to be around so much family.