Ashlin's first day at ASU!
Ashlin texted me the above 2 pictures.
I knew that with a treat in her hand, and fuzzy walls in the background... she had to be at the Institute building.
That place is AMAZING!!
Last May I went to the ASU bookstore and took these pictures. I was blown away at how much The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints invests in its people for each stage of their life. Below is the HUGE LDS building as ASU, with its own parking garage behind it. I cried when I toured it. Gym, lounge area, study area, chapel, religion classes, fun weekly activities, kitchen with fridge/microwave to keep their lunches... all right in the middle of campus.... for freeeee. Talk about a "refuge from the storm".
I am so thankful for the church!
Ashlin posted this picture on instagram with the caption:
#firstdayatASU #nailedit
I laughed out loud at Zack St. Martin's comment on her pic:
"good job wearing something that lets people know that you ARE mormon"... ha ha ha
LOVE this cute little Art-Education-Major girl of mine!
PS: Ashlin did end up going to "Feed My Starving Children" with this group of friends she put together. I made this big mexican dinner for them, so they all met at our house first, to eat. (I wanted to meet these new "Singles Ward" "Return Missionary" boys she's been hanging with all summer. I'm so sneaky.)
♥♥I love you Miss Ashlin!♥♥



2 comments:
I love every single one of those pictures. and I love ashlin. SO much!! such a good girl. love, aunt chrissy
Oh, my gosh! I cannot believe she's in college. I mean, I can believe it, but she seems so old to be going to ASU, now. How the heck did that happen?
The "fuzzy walls" part cracks me up!!!! And so does the comment from Zach. Love it!
Post a Comment