Since our elementary school kids hadn't started school (3 day delay since their new school wasn't finished)... Alisa and I took our 6 little ones to the PHOENIX CHILDRENS MUSEUM while our jr. high/high school kids were in school thursday.
Such a CreatiVe place.
The girls loved the mock grocery store and restaurant. They couldn't get enough of preparing and serving me food! So cute... Ice Cream Kiosk!
Car Wash!
I had to peel Lily away from painting the above BIG Rocket when it was time to leave. {She saw this post and was sad I didn't get a picture of the fort she built there too. oops}
*On Sunday Emma spoke in Sacrament Meeting. It was such a sweet moment for me. Emma was so excited to prepare her talk. She worked on it multiple days right after she was asked. She had it printed and ready 5 days beforehand. I didn't help her at all, it was all her. I never even had her read it to me. So as I was sitting there in Sacrament meeting I got a little nervous wondering what she was going to say. I knew she was speaking on service. It made me so happy to hear her talk. She shared multiple scriptures, and wonderful quotes from modern day prophets. She bore her testimony about Jesus Christ, the ultimate example of service. And one of my favorite things she said in the end was, "I can't wait until I get older and can have a church calling". Because I knew she meant it. And I know that there is nothing more important she could do with her life than give it in service to the Lord. Somebody told me its like a "payday" for me when my child can prepare a church talk on their own, sharing their own insights and feelings. It was. I realize that to anyone else it was just a normal talk. But I cried. Because we have worked her whole life to help guide her hoping that one day she would have her own testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And as I listened to her I could tell she does.








No comments:
Post a Comment