On Sunday morning we lounged at the cabin for a while before cleaning and packing up. We went to Blue Ridge Reservoir and spent the day kayaking as a family. It was heavenly. The prettiest place we have kayaked in Arizona thus far. I called dibs on Sophie in my kayak... because she is a hoot.
This time we had the right number of kayaks so everyone had one and we could just spend hours exploring the lake together.
The 12 second birthday message the kids did for me:
And for my birthday... even I jumped off that cliff. It felt A LOT higher than it looks. Chubby mom takes flight! ha ha.
I kept singing...
♫♪"Just around the riverbend" ♪♬
from Pocahantas. Because that's what it felt like.
Blue Ridge is a 2 mile long winding river shaped lake.
♫♪"Just around the riverbend" ♪♬
from Pocahantas. Because that's what it felt like.
Blue Ridge is a 2 mile long winding river shaped lake.
This was probably in all my years, honestly, my favorite birthday I can remember. Everyone was happy and got a long. The weather was perfect. The activity was perfect. I prayed constantly thanking God for such a beautiful day as a family.
The kids were even happy in the car the whole drive home.
*This was the first time I had been to my Uncle's cabin since he or my mother passed away. I thought of them both constantly. One night when praying I just cried. I am so thankful for his example of generosity in his life.
*Bruce also commented that it was the first time in a long time that he could remember missing church as a family. When we go on trips we still go to church, always. But we were far from a building, and we made an exception this one sunday because it was the only day that worked. I am thankful we did it.
*Thank you to my wonderful father for lending us the kayaks!









2 comments:
So fun! I love the Happy Birthday Cliff Jumping Tribute! :)
I also like the other posts of the cabin--what a beautiful place!
Beautiful! What a great birthday, thanks for taking cousin vinney. He loved it!
Post a Comment