"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Monday, April 30, 2012

A Sunday Documentary

Thursday Logan came home from school with a head/stomach ache.  Then friday he started to get these weird bumps.  At first it looked like Chicken Pox.  And his lips got swollen and red.  We kept telling him he had "Suga Lips"... ha ha.  But by saturday, the bumps looked more like a rash.  We think it was a Strep Rash, and has been going away with Anti-biotics.  He was so disappointed it wasn't Chicken Pox, ha ha.

On sunday I called staying home from church with him! Poor Logan, it looks bad, but actually he feels much better.
I want to remember just a normal sunday as a family, so here was our day: 
Dallin stayed home too because of a stomach ache, and we had our own little church at home, read church magazines together and I watched "Called To Serve" with my 2 boys.  It was nice.
Then the rest of the family came back.  And when Bruce walked in the door he said our house smelled like the Celestial Kingdom, because of the roast cooking. ha ha
Then Bruce came and laid on the living floor.
Then Sophie came in the living room and we saw she took her cute pony tails out, so her hair looked like it had wings.
Then Lily came in and said to me, "You are a bad guy, I am a dog, and I scratch you!" ha ha, her pretend play makes me laugh.
Then her and Bruce did daddy/daughter acrobatics.
Then I told Dallin to go help peel potatoes, and he complained.
Then when he went in the kitchen, Emma had already started without being asked.
 Then everyone else followed in, Lily washed the potatoes and Sophie climbed on the counter to watch.
{Everyone was excited about the dinner that Emma had planned.  Saturday night I had to go to the store to get stuff for sunday dinner, so I asked the kids what we should have and Emma said, "Can we have roast, mashed potatoes, carrots, salad, rolls and strawberry pretzel salad ?"  And I thought it was so funny that she responded so thoroughly, that I said "Yes".  Then I took her with me at 10pm and we bought everything to have that.}
Then I went to find why Ashlin wasn't helping us... and she really was in her room preparing her talk like she said she was.  
{She was asked to speak at an adult Stake leadership meeting 
and was SO nervous}
  (But I discovered that she DID NOT clean her room like she told me she would the day before, or put her clean clothes away)

Then we ate our yummy dinner Emma planned.
Then after dinner, when we were serving dessert, Logan opened the dishwasher to get a fork and his dessert slipped off his plate in to the dishwasher.... 
 ...then he cried for like 10 minutes.  Not because it spilt (he got a new piece) but because I told him he had to clean it up.

 Then Logan and Lily went outside to play, and Bruce, Ashlin, Dallin, Emma and Sophie ALL took naps.  
Then I saw a picture on Facebook of my friend lounging by some resort pool and I thought, "I wish I was there".  
Then I realized it was beautiful in my own backyard, and I got OFF the computer to go lay by our 2 turtle baby pools and watch the kids play.
It was so lovely.
Then I laughed at this picture of Lily trying to put her mask on.
...Then her and Logan both put masks on and they explored in their pools, ha ha.

Then Emma and Sophie came outside after their naps, and Emma begged me to let her have a Facebook account for most the day.
But I didn't.
Then Ashlin and I got ready to go to the Stake Center so I could hear her speak.  She was the only youth speaker in front of lots of adult leaders. Sis. Chipman had come to our ward meeting and heard Ashlin share her testimony about receiving her Young Womens Recognition award and asked her to come to the Stake meeting.  She did a great job.  Ashlin said she noticed how working on her personal progress goals helped her to feel more love and respect for her mom, and that was so sweet to hear.  I know there are lots of beautiful wonderful girls out there, and moms who are so proud of them.  But I looked at her up there and thought, "I can't believe she was my little baby girl that I held in my arms, and wondered who she would grow up to be."  She is not perfect, but she is very good, and I am so thankful. 
It was a lovely relaxing sunday.

1 comment:

Grand Central Staten said...

Thanks for documenting your day. I almost felt like we were there with you.
I remembered a potato peeling video when I saw the kids peeling potatoes. You have to watch this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4W0qIPJmoo