"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Monday, April 23, 2012

Camping?

A few weekends ago was our ward family campout. It was 1 mile from our house, at the church softball field, ha ha.

Let me tell you, I grumped when they said it was there.  I was like what a LAME WARD CAMPOUT to not even go anywhere.  But guess what???  I loved it.  What was I thinking?  It was beautiful grass, with big lovely trees around (which is better than the desert) and SO close to our house.  I didn't start packing until 5 minutes before we left.  

Families set up their tents all over the field.
The older boys and dads played frisbee, football, and games all night.  They had music, "Just Dance" and a movie going on the big screen.
{YES, even a campfire to roast marshmallows.}  
It was the most relaxing campout.  I didn't have to chase after kids because I could see them across the field.  Luckily it was even really chilly out.

Guess who slept over with the kids?
{HINT:  NOT Bruce}

He grumped and said we weren't spending the night.  So I said, the kids would love it, I will stay.  So we told the kids whoever wanted could stay.  Dallin, Logan, Lily and I camped out while the others drove home and slept in their beds.

The wind in the middle of the night was CRAZY hard, like 35 miles an hour.  It was SO loud.  Then it started raining.  At that point, I was actually going to leave... but it was dark, the middle of the night, and I couldn't find the car keys in the tent.  ha ha.  So, we stayed.  I didn't sleep much, I woke up to every noise... not the kids.

I actually checked to see if Lily was still breathing, she slept so soundly.


We woke up to some yummy food cooking for breakfast.  Bruce and the other 3 kids came back in the morning to eat & visit for a while.  Then we all drove 1 mile back home, ha ha.

2 comments:

Frolicking Night Owl said...

I hope they plan something similar again when I don't have early-morning plans the next day!! I loved the grass, too. SO much cleaner for little kids.

Grand Central Staten said...

Such a fun idea. It reminds me that I need to have a backyard campout now that the weather is nice.