"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Thursday, April 1, 2010

Garden

Hey Everyone... It's not too late to plant a garden!!
Bruce and I had to go to a nursery yesterday with a tree question and while there I saw the vegetable garden stuff, and was like, SWEEEEEEET, lets plant a garden today.
The weather was as beautiful as it gets.
Introducing my 2 biggest helpers, my son Dallin and his buddy DJ:
I purposely didn't try again for a happy photo of Bruce... poor Bruce, he always gets roped in to "my" projects... all he had to do was turn in the fertilizer, he's buff that way. We did the rest.


Now Logan did show up at the beginning, smiled and loooooved finding the cute little wormies in the soil......

.... but mostly he was doing this:

We hadn't planted a garden in a few years, and I had FORGOTTEN how FUN it is to play in the moist, cool, dirt!!! Seriously, such a neat feeling.

Oh and Sophie LOVED the weather, she sat out on the grass watching us and eating her shovel.










It is better the "Sim City"... building your own empire of little plants. I was telling the boys how fun it is to make little "moats" around each plant, then connecting them with little roads so the water flows through your garden like so.....
they loved it.


OH and you DONT even need fancy equipment, all we had to dig our holes for plants was Lily's old broken pink plastic shovel.


and what are THESE blossoms, mmmmmm, my backyard smells like orange blossoms right now! We were busy like the bees today.

Well, okay, a little bit of fun.


My Dallin is such a science man, he LOVES getting in to any experiment, and already has had a potatoe bush growing in our garden that he planted, and you know he loved getting dirty in the garden.
(See the "tree" behind me below, it's oregano, I planted it years ago in my garden, the only herb that lasted more then 1 season, and has grown in to this tree without even being watered regularly, yum, fresh oregano always around here, we could sell it by the bushel)

Thanks boys! Such a fun afternoon.
It's a little baby garden, but it's still fun, can't wait to get
tomatoes, grape tomatoes, cilantro, chives, green onions, zuchini, and cucumbers.

2 comments:

d.jo said...

Where do I find a couple of awesome helpers like that?! So cool. I've been totally wondering what kind of out door activities I could plan because the weather is so beautiful. Well, duh! I should have planted a garden yesterday, too! It was gorgeous outside! I have a watermelon plan sitting on my kitchen counter...I just need to hurry up and put it in the ground.

The Wiser Side said...

You are too cool...once again. Looks so much fun-we need to get going on our yard so we can make it to that stage ;o)