Easter Weekend
We had such a wonderful Easter weekend. Saturday night we went to the Easter Pageant at the Mesa temple. It was so beautiful to sit out in the beautiful weather and see the life of Christ dramatized. At the end the feelings in my heart were so powerful, and I knew once again, that Jesus lives. I loved it.
Then for a WONDERFUL EASTER TREAT we got to stay home from church and watch General Conference on TV. This happens twice a year, where the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints, instead of meeting at church, has a world wide conference where we watch via satellite broadcasts at church, or at home on TV if you have cable the Prophet of the world and the apostles speak to us. It is my favorite weekend of the year. When that ended I cried, for real. And then I told each of my kids with tears streaming down my face how thankful I am to have a prophet of God living on the earth today. The messages shared were so inspiring, so poignant for us today, and oh how much they made me want to be a better person. I especially loved how many talks were on the importance of family and the importance of loving and teaching our children.
Prophet Thomas S. Monson above
Prophet and some of the 12 apostles below: 
Then our tradition of recent years, since the week before Easter is so busy.... we dye Easter eggs on Easter.



We look like retards, #1 because we didn't have to leave our house for church everyone is still in pajamas... and #2 it was so bright outside everyone went and got sunglasses to wear while dying easter eggs.









You see Bruce, he's so funny.... he made up this little cute game, that after you put an egg in the mug to color, you would run over to the trampoline and do 10 "bronco kicks" before you could get your egg out... you can see Logan in the background below doing his kicks...



Sophie in her 'Horton hears a Who' Onesie

60 Easter eggs were boiled, thats 5 dozen... my kids love hard boiled eggs. They're almost all gone too. They eat them for days. Tonight, seriously, for our Family Home Evening treat they each had a hard boiled egg... aren't they wierd. I had frozen yogurt.

I think the surprising Easter basket slam dunk for the Easter Bunny this year was:

Seriously, who knew. I am pretty sure the Easter Bunny threw this in as a last minute item.... and my kids played with them for HOURS and HOURS... Dallin, my almost 12 year old, is begging for a thousand boxes of these for his birthday next week.
They made cool stuff all day. Here is just one example.

And then ofcourse an
EASTER EGG HUNT
My sister Chrissy is getting married this week, and her fiance is here with his 4 children, so now we have 14 cousins.... they are lined up here waiting to be let out for the hunt:
No comments:
Post a Comment