The day after my sisters wedding, Bruce took Dallin and Logan to go camping for Dallin's birthday. His buddy D.J. and his dad came too.
They went to the Cavecreek campground because they had these cool organized activities. That night they did a "bug walk" with flashlights and the Park Ranger was there with a black light and he showed them all kinds of native bugs... (you are understanding that Dallin LIVES for this kind of stuff, right)... they saw bugs like:Arizona brown spider, scorpions, tarantula, crane fly, and blister beetle below (oh yes, if their juicey guts squash on your skin, your skin will blister there)
and the next morning the Park Ranger did a "Rattlesnake Review" where they learned all about 'em. Logan demonstrated to Bruce what you do if you see one, he described what Logan did as "taking 5 steps back VERY slowly... then running like a freak" But then Bruce said after listening to the Park Ranger.... Logan was RIGHT, he said you take 5 steps back quiet and slow, then after that you can run and scream and do whatever you want.
So, Bruce came home from the camping trip looking like DEATH (and grumpy too), big surprise he didn't sleep a lick. After making him go to bed for the afternoon, later that night Bruce and I took Dallin out to eat... ANYWHERE he wanted... you guessed it, The special thing about turning 12 is that Dallin got to recieve the Aaronic Priesthood sunday after church. Now he can help pass the sacrament and collect fast offerings.
He had to be interviewed by the Bishop to make sure he was worthy to recieve this. And it was so sweet. The Bishop started asking him all these questions about the gospel, like quizzing him, and I panicked... I was thinking:
"WHAT, I didn't know he'd do this...WHY didn't I prep him, I should have figured that would happen?!!"... UGH, but it was such a busy week...
then to my wonderful surprise.... Dallin knew it all!! I guess thats why we have Family Home Evening every monday night, no fail, and family scripture study as a family EVERY day, and also make sure Dallin reads his scriptures on his own every night. Afterwards the Bishop said, "that boy knows the gospel". I was so proud of Dallin and so happy!
Happy 12th Birthday Dallin.
We love you.
You the man.
2 comments:
I think I have a crush on D Chuck. What a great kid.
great pics!! we were so honored to be there for dallin. it was a very special day!!
Post a Comment