This has been such an emotional week for me. For lots of reasons.
One major one though was this. My sister got married thursday.
I have cried because it's been so busy.
I have cried because I am so happy for her.
And I have bawled because she is moving to Idaho.



Congratulations Chrissy!They spent a couple days in Scottsdale, and are coming tomorrow because my son Dallin just turned 12 and is recieving the Aaronic Priesthood. Then they are leaving.
Today Lily asked if she could spend the night at Aunt Sissys house. I started bawling and bawling, I couldn't even talk. I couldn't even say to her that she can't ever sleep there again. It is so sad. But I am so happy for Chrissy and I know she needs her own little family and not just nieces and nephews.
I don't know why I am so bad about telling her how much she means to me and how thankful I am that she is my sister. But I haven't lived apart from her since we've really been adults. And I am so sad. It's going to be so hard.
I have been crying on and off all day today.
I love you Chrissy. I wish I could've been there for you more then I have.

7 comments:
she looked SO beautiful. congrats to them!
this made me tear up because i miss my sisters who live in other states. it's hard, but thank goodness for phone and email and internet and most of all, VISITS!
I also teared up reading this post.
She looks absolutely gorgeous, and seems so happy :)
I'm so happy for her, but sad for you (and all of our fam) at the same time. She is such a wonderful person and we'll sure miss her being so close.
Love you cherryl.
What a sweet post, Cherryl.
I have been thinking of Chrissy all week and feeling so happy for your whole family.
I guess I forgot to consider the hole she would leave in your hearts.
Hang in there.
Yeah for Chrissy... I'm really happy for her, I hope they are happy in Idaho. I'm sorry that she is moving so far away. Cherryl, let's look on the BRIGHT side: What beautiful state sits right between Idaho and Arizona??? :) Yep, that's right... UTAH! We are excited to have you come up this summer, and hope it turns out to be an annual thing!! Idaho is very beautiful in the summer! (wintertime... not so much! It's FREEZING there so I wish her lots of luck!)
congrats for your family!
Let me introduce myself. My name is Melissa Durtschi & I am Richards neice. Keaton (who has a ear infection today & is chilln' w/me)introduced me to your blog. You have a beautiful family & your post made me cry. I don't even know who you are, and although I don't know Chrissy that well, I look forward to getting to know her better. I admire her for her faith, just to move up here. We will do our best to take care of her. Thank you for the pictures, they are priceless!!! Keaton is so glad you posted the picture of him and the scorpion...
:)
thanks for making me bawl all night too cherryl!!! It was so hard for me to move away from my family and especially from the kids. I feel so lucky to have such wonderful sisters. Love you!!!!
Post a Comment