I have been teaching Art Masterpiece for my kids classes since Ashlin was in kindergarten. I always wanted to be a teacher, so it's kinda fun to experience that. Though honestly EVERY time I do it, and I am trying to prepare the lesson, I think, "WHY do I do this to myself???!!"... then I leave and it was so fun to be in the class, that I'm glad I did it.
We made flowers, because we learned about:
Georgia O'keeffe
"Poppy"
Georgia O'keeffe was a popular artist even when it wasn't widely accepted for women to be artists. While reading about her I came across this quote, she said:
"I am frightened all of the time. But I have never let that stop me."
I love knowing the real feelings succesful people have. In my mind it makes what they've achieved seem reachable for even me.... like, hey, just because I feel scared or worried doesn't mean I can't do it. Loved that thought today.
No comments:
Post a Comment