When we planted our garden Dallin said, "mom we have aphids in our soil, they will eat our plants, we need to buy some ladybugs, so they will eat the aphids."
How does he know this stuff... not from me.
So after a few weeks of begging me to buy ladybugs, I called around and found a nursery in Chandler that sells them. ALL SIX kids wanted to come, so excited to go buy ladybugs. Ashlin thought it was so funny to text her friends and say, "Guess what I'm doing right now"...
Buying 1500 ladybugs.
Yes, all 1500 are in my backyard now. For $7.99 you get a pint of ladybugs, it says 1500, I doubt it was that many, but it was A LOT!
The kids were excited to let them loose in the garden.
4 comments:
Where did you get them? When I buy them they are like $11.00. YOu got a deal! If you water @ dusk and then let them go just after dark they will eat all night and stick around longer... In the day they just fly away. Dumb bugs....
We got them at Summerwinds Nursery on Country Club between Elliot and Guadalupe. No other nursery in Gilbert sold them, I called them all.
We don't even have a garden and I am going to buy my kids some ladybugs today. They always ask for them but we can never find them around town.
Thanks for the tip!
So fun!! Camden's class did a unit on ladtbugs-he was a wealth of knowledge about them. You captured some amazing pictures too!
Post a Comment