"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Valentine Flashback

My not-super-fancy Valentines Day goodie bags:
 Bruce was still in Florida. I woke up to read scriptures and get Dallin off to school, then remembered OH MY GOSH, its Valentines Day!! And I forgot to get something out for my kids. I was scanning my brain what we had. We had no groceries because I just got back from Florida the day before and Ashlin had to leave for school in like 20 minutes. So I jumped in the car and ran to McDonalds, wrote little notes while in the drive thru, and bought breakfast for my kids, but asked for 5 little happy meal bags to put them in. WA-LAH! Little Valentine baggies for my kids... ha ha. 

And maybe they were still loving me for taking them all to Skateland the night before (for Logan and Lily's school party). Emma and Dallin thought they were pro-dancers at the end of the night when the kids all took their skates off and did the "Cha Cha Slide". (they were funny out there actually) Bruce was out of town, so I took them all and pushed Sophie around in her stroller, while I skated, ha ha.
VALENTINE MORNING Lily gets the prize for "Sweetest Vernon". On her own she picked out a special book and wanted to wake Sophie up to read it to her before school. aaaaaw.
Sophie was all kinds of big girl that day, 
going to preschool with a bag full of 
Valentines of her own to pass out...
Aaaand Logan was so funny. He found this motorcycle chocolate and begged to buy it for grandpa, who is a motorcycle-ganger. So we did, ha ha. We had grandpa over for a candlelight dinner that night.
 And since Bruce was gone, Ashlin was the only one in the family with a true valentine♥ that day. ha ha. The shirt she bought him cracked me up. And though we love him, I am not necessarily a big fan of her having a boyfriend... BUT, I am a fan when we all get to eat the big cookie he brings her. ha ha.....

No comments: