Sunday-Monday of SPRING BREAK:
{Renting Me Skiiiiiis!}
This week we went up to Sunrise with the Jones'
(Jeni B. Jones, D-money, Bobbo & Mace-the-Ace)
What fun!! Last year I went skiing for the first time in like 18 years... but I think I am going to have to go every year now. Cuz it's just a fun way to enjoy the beautiful mountains.... and some time with my older kids.
This year I brought Dallin....
I was so thankful for my cousin Dylan (above) who stayed with Dallin for a loooong first run, teaching him how to do it.
The Gang.
WARNING:
**Lots of way cute pictures of MACY
in this post**
A boy in our ward, Gavin, found Dallin right before lunch, and asked him if he wanted to do a run together. Then stayed with him the rest of the day showing him some moves.
**BIG NEWS**
As of this trip look what Ashlin AND Macy were FINALLY able to do...
...get off the lift on their boards without falling!
(This is really tricky; they're feeling like pros now)
Dallin was really frustrated his first run of the day. Because he skateboards so much, he was really expecting snowboarding to be easy-squeezy to learn. But he fell a bunch at first. Then he did the bunny hill multiple times by himself... and really figured it out quickly!! I spent most the day skiing with Dallin, while he boarded. It was so so fun to watch his progress. He could go as fast as me by the end of the day... which makes him faster than Ashlin after 1 trip. He loved it. (made up for him being really grumpy after his first run... ha ha) Ashlin improved a lot also. She looked SO much better than last year.
Hooray for my kids new skills!
← Robert was my Super-Hero! He took off his board, and ran in to the forest in the knee deep snow to retrieve my glove (That I had dropped while riding on the ski lift. Which I literally had told Ashlin and Dallin 20 minutes earlier to be careful NOT to do, since the gloves cost $40 a pair)Hooray for my kids new skills!
Aaaaand Ashlin sums up how we felt at the end of the day:
Oh man, above are my very... happy.... feet.... after finally being able to take my boots off. I decided not to post the picture of my gigantic blister.
Such a fun trip with my Aunt Jeni and cousins. We laughed so hard on the car ride. I love being close to my extended family.









No comments:
Post a Comment