"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Perler Beads

A few things of note...
#1 My family has really gotten in to "Perler Beads" lately. The bucket is usually on the table, so the kids (all of them use it, even Bruce) can make and iron their own little creations. 

#2 Sometimes you just need a mom
This is the story of how Perler Beads saved Ashlin from being LAME.

A few weeks ago the below conversation unfolded:
Ashlin got home on a wednesday and said, "Im going to Morp this weekend"
We all said, "You are going to Morp??"
Ashlin "Yes, its this saturday!"
Emma "With who?"
Ashlin "Cassidy" 
(rest of us, "duh")
Me "WHAT?! How did you ask him?"
Ashlin "I....er.... called him on the phone and said, you wanna go?"
Me "WHAT?! That is the lame thing about having a boyfriend. WHATEVER... you still need to ask him in some cool way"
Ashlin "He is on his way over right now to go shopping for shirts"
At this point I look over and see the perler bead bucket and say "At least make him a perler bead that says MORP? on it"
Ashlin "He is going to be here in like 5 minutes!?"
Me "Thats okay... we will distract him outside while you finish"

ha ha. So she did. Emma and Dallin distracted him out front as long as they could. Then Ashlin went out front while I ironed and cooled the cute little MORP? shape she made, and put it in a gift bag. Then I gave Sophie the gift bag and told her to go out front and give it to Cassidy. (aaaaaw, cute) Well, it would have been cute. But instead Sophie went outside and wouldn't give Cassidy the bag. So we had to force her to. ha ha... he thought it was funny. Then I told him he needed to come inside and make Ashlin one that said "Yes". He laughed... and did what I told him to...
I was a little worried he would think me pushy... but I heard him with my own ears say while making his little perler bead, "I wish my family did crafts like this!" ha ha.

Didn't they turn out cute?  
See, sometimes you just need a mom.
(LAME to just ask him over the phone!!)
MORP night:
(the theme for the dance was video games)
These silly kids came back here after the dance to have dessert and watch a movie. And I took their pictures.

No comments: