We ♥ Emma & Logan's piano teacher!
Monday night was a busy one. We had Emma's school choir concert, Logan and Lily's school "Family Movie Night" and Emma and Logan's piano recital. Whew. So we split up.
Ashlin and Dallin took Logan, Lily & Sophie to the cute movie night to have a picnic on the grass and watch "Despicable Me" on the big blow up screen outside. (Logan and Lily did not want to miss this)
Bruce, me and my dad all went to Emma's choir concert. Even my wonderful sister Carrie and Lexi and Amber all came.
I love them, they are so supportive.
Then afterwards the 2 groups merged at the 8:00pm piano recital.
Emma played "Fur Elis" and "Love Story"
She surprised me and sang as she played. I told her she should, but she felt dumb, so I didn't push it or say anything else. And on her own she decided to. {Below} She messed up a little, but oh well.
Logan played "Called To Serve" and "Morning"
I was so thankful to go to their piano recital. Turns out, my kids do well at music. (sports... not so much) They are far from "prodigies", but I am proud of how well they have done for their age. Especially because recently I have felt buried in never ending children needs. I feel like I have fallen so short in so many areas that could have helped my kids. My kids don't all do as well in school as I had hoped (a few do amazing, a few.. not so amazing). And I feel so guilty about that all of the time, but life has been so busy. When I got one of my kids grades in December, I cried. So now we have been upping the one-on-one help to make sure our kids our turning in their best homework. I have worried about my boys fitting in because they are not the most gifted at sports, and I haven't put forth mega amounts of time in effort to change that... sometimes I think "What was I thinking having so many kids??" With less kids I could have given each one of them more. But I know they each love being in a big family, and there are a lot of wonderful things that come with that. But not without sacrifices.
PS) While on the subject... Last month when I went in the living room to get mad at Dallin for messing around instead of practicing what he was suppose to on the guitar..... I discovered he could play "Safe & Sound" by Taylor Swift perfectly on the guitar while it was behind his back. Nice.

I was so thankful for monday night, and to be reminded that there are things my kids do well. I have to remind myself that they can't be perfect at everything, even though we still work on it.


3 comments:
Cherryl - I understand the frustrations and your frustrations are doubled what mine are! It just seems like no matter what, it's never enough or never good enough because there are so many things to work on & improve. I need to dig out that boogie duet for Marina & Logan to try. I think they'd have a lot of fun with it. :)
Those videos are mind-blowing!! Why, oh why, didn't I encourage my kids to play music? If I could go back, that would really be on the top of my "Things that I Would Change List". (Wait, I do have a four year old - Hmmmm.) Talents are to be treasured and your kids have AMAZING talents. We love you guys.
Romans 12:6
"Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us,"
Oh, thank you so much for that cute picture & message! I LOVE TEACHING MY FABULOUS PIANO STUDENTS! I know Monday was crazy for you and I really appreciate that you made it work--I had to laugh the other day when I said it's been a really busy time of year and that it was hard finding a time to schedule a recital with everyone and you said, "That's funny, because I don't feel like this is any worse than any other time of year." And I just thought,"WOW! They live like this ALL the time?" Haha!
Cherryl, you do GREAT with 6 kids! I admire you & always have. One thing I love about you is that you create opportunities to let your kids thrive in the things they love. That is SO important! It's okay if they're not all the best athletes. It's okay if they're not all musical. It's okay if they're not all valedictorians. One thing is for certain, though, and it's that ALL of your kids have wonderful talents and they're thriving as individuals. GO VERNONS! You guys ROCK!
Post a Comment