"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Friday, March 15, 2013

Trip to the Vet

--SATURDAY OF SPRING BREAK--
I planned a "Family Kickball"/ Pizza Picnic at a great park for saturday night of spring-break. With my dad and both my sisters and their families. {AKA 7 adults, 15 kids}

I was just about to take some great action shots, when Lily slipped on the concrete used for stadium seating (you can see cute seating in picture above) and split just above her eyebrow open. Bruce thought it was split open just enough to need stitches. We decided it wasn't that big of an emergency and could wait until after the game to go. (Since Always-Prepared-Aunt-Chrissy had bandaged her with her First Aid Kit. Thank U Chrissy!!)  Lily was so tough about it.
 Bruce asked me if we should go to Urgent Care or just have him do the stitches at his hospital. 
I said, "Can you do it?" 
Then Bruce looked at me like duh, and said 
"Thats what I do all day."

It was cold out. We decided to all go to PETER PIPER PIZZA (aka, my favorite pizza place) instead of have a picnic. 
So, we left to go get pizza while...

Lily took a trip to the Vet.
I told Bruce not to traumatize her and give her stitches, but just to use that fancy surgery glue. And thats what he did.
That Bruce is such a Quick-Stitcher-Upper that they got to Peter Piper Pizza before we were even done. And Lily got pizza, soda and token-fun as a consolation prize.

2 comments:

chrissy said...

I hope we can do another family kickball game because it was SO fun and I missed out on most of it! Poor Lily. I sure do love that girl. It broke my heart to see her hurt. She was SO brave. My kids were in awe of her toughness. We will use her example in our house from now on as a gage to complaining about being hurt! :)

debrajo said...

Oh my gosh. This is so funny. When you print out your blog book someday, and Lily looks back, she's going to say, "Oh, gee whiz! Thanks for implying that I was an animal you had to take to the vet!"

J/K That's so cool that her dad could fix her up with fancy surgery glue. :)