A few weeks ago was Cub Scout Day Camp.
This is me and my Bear Den
Logan all on his own thought of decorating his walking stick with a flag. It was dang cute, he drew it by himself. He is so creative.
With 2 boys, and Bruce and I both as scout leaders, scouts seems to take up a lot of time. But I ♥ scouts, so thats okay. :)
I volunteered last month to make a TIME MACHINE for our Blue & Gold Banquet. I thought it would be a fun family project... and it was. We did it out front (okay, mostly Ashlin & CariAnn did it... thank you!!)... twas a beautiful day... and all kinds of people stopped by to chat while we did.
This started off as a brown refrigerator box.
They painted all 4 sides of it. Ashlin is so creative.
She called it her Dr. Seuss Time Machine.
And look who came through the time machine to visit the boys at the BLUE & GOLD banquet... Baden Powell (founder of scouts).
Oh yes, I also painted the sign and brought the balloons. :)
PS- I had volunteered the month before the banquet to make the time machine, thinking it would be a fun family activity. But then 3 days before the banquet we still had done nothing. I started to stress a little. I told Ashlin friday night, "Guess what you are doing tomorrow?? Making a time machine." (hoping she would want to, because all of a sudden it sounded like a lot of work for me to do.) And she immediately responded, "I know, I have already done little drawings of how we can paint it!" I love her and her sweet friend CariAnn who came right on over to help. It was such a fun day. We stayed out front as a family for hours, the kids helping at first, then playing around, and
multiple neighbors stopped by to visit.










No comments:
Post a Comment