The kids were SO excited about our Rockwell Block Party saturday.
But first they had a Piano Recital to worry about.
I was so proud of them, they did wonderful.
Emma played Pachelbel's Canon and Maple Leaf Rag.
Logan rocked out so cute playing Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" and "I am a Child of God" from the primary song book. He played it 1st by himself, then Dallin accompanied with guitar the 2nd time through.
It was really pretty.
After Logan's basketball game (coach was so kind, and told him he earned "Defensive Player of the Game"), and some saturday cleaning (which we all hate) we moved on to a...
I didn't get a lot of pictures. But the Davis's, Cleggs and us were celebrating that all 3 of our houses broke ground (Congratulations Em & Mckane!), and we invited all the lot owners on the street. 9 of the 11 families came. The kids brought all kinds of riding things, which is perfect on that big empty street, and we had lots of food, a HUGE blow up slide, a snow cone machine and beautiful weather.
Here are some people on our lot,
looking at our basement progress...
Ashlin definitely earned "Most Valuable Player" for the night. Her and her friend were so SO sooosososososososo helpful with the kids all night then cleaning up at the end! (Do I say enough how much I love her???) Even though it turned out wonderful and we had a great time... it ended up being more work then I thought and I am vowing one of these weekends to not be in charge of a major event.
When it was over Lily said,
"Can we PLEASE have another lot party next week??"
5 comments:
Thanks for planning such a fun evening!! Your efforts were appreciated by all.
What a fun block party with your soon to be neighbors! That basement looks HUGE!!
I walked down the isle to Pachelbel's Canon. Every time I hear it, I remember that moment. I would love to have Emma play it for me next time I see you guys. Maybe, i can even get Neil to dance with me. Okay, that may be dreaming too much.
Opps, I didn't read my comment until I posted it. I know that aisle is spelled with an "a".
Alright, I need to take a typing class. Oops not opps.
Post a Comment