"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Wednesday, February 27, 2013

42 Big Ones

Monday was Bruce's bIrThDaY!
I was so proud of myself because I made plans WEEKS in advance,
 but didn't tell anybody.
I announced on Bruce's birthday morning that we were ALL going to a surprise somewhere that night at 5pm SHARP. The kids were mIsErAbLe in suspense. ha ha. Emma said, 
"WHY did you tell us in the morning, I am not going to be able to stand it ALL day?!"

That night I kept announcing things like:
"if you aren't dressed nice, you aren't coming".....  "Get your dancing shoes on".....  "You better look as good as I do".... Dallin even pulled together a button down shirt and tie (tied in his fanciest tie knot)... Logan wore his sweet-striped sweater... we did the little girls hair in up-do's... and left with Sophie in heels 3 sizes too big....
1st Stop:
FUDDRUCKERS (birthday boys favorite)
with a sUrPrIsE guest... GRANDPA!
Poor Grandpa realized very quickly that he chose poorly in his seat location.... next to Sophie. She kept climbing behind the table, touching him and Ashlin with her messy hands, crying for different food choices, etc... you know, standard 3 year old stuff.
 After dinner... 2nd SURPRISE Stop:
-DUTTONS FAMILY THEATRE-

The family still had no idea where we were going... so when we drove towards Apache Junction, AZ... everyone was like, wha?? ha ha. And when we drove up to the theatre on east Main St, the kids could clearly see that most of the attendees were old people. They were pretty sure I took them somewhere that was going to be LAME and boring...
(to tell you the truth I was a little worried too)
 But guess what? It was NOT lame or boring.
The entire family loved this show. The Duttons are a family of 7 grown children and their spouses & children that put on the most amazingly talented music/comedy/variety show.

Check out this quick peek... 

I am not exaggerating in any way when I say every one of us loved it so much. Bruce said he laughed so hard he was almost crying. I did cry, because one part was so moving. The kids ALL OF THEM begged to go again next month. We were just extremely impressed.
Everyone's eyes were glued especially when the little kids performed.
During the show Lily begged me a million times to put her in violin lessons.
The Duttons have a larger theatre in Branson, Missouri where they perform most of the year. They just come here from Dec-March. Because all of the performers are family and so talented, we left and...

Ashlin said, "MOM- we can do that too. You just need to have 1 more child, then teach us all how to do that stuff!"
ha ha ha.

Then I said, "I can never again feel succesful as a mother" ha ha.

 Well worth the money, such a fun night out as a family.
HOORAY for a successful surprise!
 {and here's to Lily's cute up-do}
WE LOVE YOU BRUCE...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

2 comments:

Frolicking Night Owl said...

K - do you have any more ticket stubs? I wanna go now! :)

Grand Central Staten said...

42 is not that bad. Welcome to the club. Neil and Christine