"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Presidents Day

So I was laying on the couch at 11:00am playing Pictionary with Lily. (she drew on the white board, while I guessed) Although I loved giving her the one on one attention,  I was thinking we were all being pretty lazy for a beautiful day off. 

I said, "Lets go on a hike!" And so we did. I called my sister Carrie and we left in 30 minutes. I didn't even feed my kids lunch. We just got some apples and a bag of granola bars.
Check out how long Sophie's legs look below... ha ha.
She is probably too big to be in a carrier. But it was the Wind Caves hike at Usery Pass, a little too hard for her to do. So the deal to Dallin was this, "If you carry her up, I will carry her down"
And look at this, with only 30 minutes warning, 
the Brady's still joined us.
 We made it to the top! 
The weather was a beautiful 70 degrees.
Baby Trace!!! 
(AKA T-Rex)
That Lily was so stinking cute. She was worried about being able to do the hike... then the whole time she kept saying, "this hike is so fun with all the curves and turns and rocks". The ugly truth is, at the end when it was the steepest, I couldn't even keep up with her. 
She was as fast as her older brothers.

2 comments:

Daniella said...

I love your hike pictures! You insprire me to hike with the kids more! I like hiking but never seem to go without Chet which is pathetic of me! And going with your 5- way to go!
Love that Lily is still in the carrier- we still have ours- maybe I'll try it! So much easier to hike that way!

Daniella said...

Oops- I re thought my comment and realized you have 6 kids, not 5!! :)