A silly thing I did last night....
Last night I went to bed before Bruce. I was still awake when he came to bed a while later, but I pretended I was already asleep... because I wanted to see what he did. We always read scriptures on our own and say our prayers right before we go to bed. I wondered if he would skip because it was dark, late, he had to wake up 6 hours later, everyone in the house was fast asleep, and nobody would know if he skipped. I laid there hoping he still would... it was suspenseful.
Sure enough, he got his scriptures out on his phone (so he didn't have to turn a light on and wake me) and read for almost 15 minutes. I kept barely peeking to see... then he knelt and said his prayers. I loved him last night him for that.
A few weeks ago Bruce brought home this paper lantern, to light and let off in the sky for our FHE activity... (it took like 10 tries for the boys to light this, it was so windy)
It was cool. We were dreaming of letting off a bunch of them at the same time. Then we brainstormed and came up with an event worthy of purchasing these in bulk, so we could let off LOTS of them
in our cul de sac. (Can't wait!!)
PS- Bruce told the kids to make a wish as we let it off in the sky. When I was a teenager, all of the wishes I ever made were about finding a righteous man to marry in the temple and have a family with.





2 comments:
Were you spying on me! I also did some pushups!
Casey brought one home too! Did they buy theirs together?? How cute :) But we still haven't lit ours. He never makes it home in time for FHE :( We just need to pick a different time to do it. So cool!!
Reminds me of Tangled :) Our friends sent their letters to Santa up in lanterns and I thought that was such a cool idea. I want to be wherever you are when you send tons of them up!!
Post a Comment