We had lots of family over at our house on Thanksgiving.
And GUESS what I cooked on the BIG Day??
NOTHING.
Bruce cooked 2 turkeys and made the mashed potatoes and gravy.
I loved him on Thanksgiving.
The kids table looked the funnest, I wished I was sitting at the kids table instead of the adult table to the left. (Especially when they started burning stuff in the candles.) They discovered you could melt lots of holes in the plastic red cups. I got up from my seat to get seconds (naturally). Soon after returning I went to grab my cup for a drink, and discovered that instead of a full red cup of ice water, I had an empty deformed red cup with melted holes all over it.
(those tricker kids, ha ha)
Then we made a grateful tree...
(and all thought of ♥The Statens♥)
Ashlin and Macy (she's a regular on my blog) made the trunk.
We cut out all the leaves and nobody was allowed to eat pie until they made at least 3 leaves saying what they were thankful for.
See how bossy I get when the feast is here.
See how bossy I get when the feast is here.
(Tree is still up at my house, amidst our Christmas decorations)
After which, even more cousins, aunts, uncles and family stopped by between us and Davis's house, and we walked on over to the park for the annual football game.
***It was a wonderful day, honestly. We were surrounded by family and very thankful. But it was also really sad and hard to see my dad. He had a horrible morning, first Thanksgiving without my mom. He had to drive around for 45 minutes he said to compose himself before coming in to my house. It broke my heart. We missed my mom a lot this day. I cried. Happy Thanksgiving mom! I wondered what they do in heaven.






No comments:
Post a Comment