This last week was our "holiday party week" with multiple events at our house.
Has anybody out there ever had this Nabisco Chocolate Wafer cake??
Because its amazing.
I made it for Bruce's work party, which we host at our house every year.
You layer these hard chocolate wafer cookies with whipping cream, sweetened. Then let it sit over night, during which it moistens up to pure deliciousness:
After you make all the layers, you spread whipping cream all around the outside too. And I topped it off with chocolate curls.
And then I ran out of whipped cream, and had to go buy more. I forgot to take a picture of it after it was all frosted. When you slice it, it appears quite the elegant 8 layer dessert.
I also made mini twice baked potatoes, homemade chicken cord on bleu, shrimp... and all kinds of good stuff that I didn't take pictures of.
I also made mini twice baked potatoes, homemade chicken cord on bleu, shrimp... and all kinds of good stuff that I didn't take pictures of.
Then last minute Emma and I decided to invite her friends over for a "Luncheon" saturday. She had 11 of the cutest girls over for appetizers and homemade potato soup (that her and Peyton helped me make). They had a white elephant gift exchange, played games, and it turned out wonderful.
{And of course they made all kinds of crazy trains with blankets down our slide too}
Then as soon as her luncheon was over we had exactly 1 and a half hours to get the house clean again AND make dinner because 6 couples were coming over to take pictures and eat dinner here before
WINTER FORMAL.
And Lyndy Lee was the sweetest girl ever for offering to come help me get things ready. And Amber took my little girls to her house to do some kind of darling facials with them. I was so thankful to them!!
Friday Evening: Bruce work party
Saturday afternoon: Miss Emma's Christmas Luncheon
Saturday Evening: Winter Formal pictures and Dinner
By the way...
Thats like 50 people I fed full meals at my house in 24 hours.
Thats like 50 people I fed full meals at my house in 24 hours.
1 comment:
You are amazing! I need to be a better mom.
Post a Comment