"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Monday, December 10, 2012

The Naughty List

 Just in case Santa checks blogs, here is who belongs on the "Naughty List":
Sophie has been making me crazy lately.  People use the term "terrible twos", but.... yowzers, for us its more like "terrible threes".

I just wanted to document some of the naughty things she has done THIS WEEK.
Sophie is a hoarder, and she regularly thieves non-toy items from all over the house and stashes them in her room or playhouse.... appliance owner manuals, all of Bruce's watches, my camera, my keys, my phone, 2 containers of chocolate frosting, perfume, all of my brand new make up, grill skewers, duct tape, games, Cocoa Puffs and more.... UGH!!!  

-She took all my brand new make up to her playhouse and the kids over were putting it on.
-Dallin found her with chocolate frosting containers in there, eating them on the carpet with her hands.
-Today while a friend of mine was at my house (crying actually, because she was having a rough time) Sophie ran by covered head to toe in white powder.  I followed the footprints back to the pile in the kitchen, cornstarch.
-She dumped out a bottle of lotion in my closet carpet
-The other day I overheard Dallin annouce, "Sophie's hittin the sprinkles again!" and I laughed out loud at him, because I knew that meant she had pushed the chair over to the baking cabinet and climbed on the counter to eat sprinkles like she has done every day this week.
-Sophie jammed all of Ashlin's makeup brushes in to her foundation bottle
-She constantly takes the peanut butter container and eats out of it with a spoon
-She took all the games out of the game closet yesterday and disassembled each one
-She re-programmed our TV today and it took Bruce 10 minutes to figure out how to get it working again.
-And she throws TANTRUMS now!!!

Today she cried for 15 minutes, because she didn't like how I did her hair.  I have started leaving the room to just let her cry.  When I heard she stopped crying today, I went back to check on her. She had cried herself to sleep on my bedroom floor....
(I covered her with a blankie and let her nap)
Poor thing, 
she even wears herself out.
(But to be clear, even though we joke about her being so naughty lately, we love this little 3 year old a lot.)

2 comments:

Frolicking Night Owl said...

Poor thing ... or poor Mom!! Nolan has been making me bonkers, but probably just cause I'm busy. Maybe they need to get together and play. :)

Alisa said...

WHAT? No pictures of her antics? I will forever have to imagine her sitting inside that playhouse eating chocolate frosting with her hands.

THAT is funny stuff.