"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Thursday, December 6, 2012

Grandpa's Jeep

Whats the best way to explore the Arizona Desert?? 
Jeeping with Grandpa.
The last few weekends my dad has been taking his grandkids jeeping.  I love my dad.  He is so wonderful with his grandkids. So understanding, so patient. He makes me want to be a better parent. He is always trying to get me to loosen up.  He thinks the kids are perfect how they are, and don't need me meddling so much. So naturally, they all adore him.
 He took Ashlin, Dallin, Emma and Logan and they brought a picnic lunch. I thought it was cute because my dad told me he'd take whatever older kids wanted to go.  He told me not to make Ashlin go, because he knows she's older and maybe would have other things she'd rather do.  Then Cassidy brought her home that night and was trying to make plans with her for saturday. I was nervous to tell her that actually Grandpa was taking the kids jeeping, hoping she wouldn't rather go on a date.  But as soon as I gave her the choice, she said, "DUH, I TOTALLY want to go jeeping with grandpa!!"  

When they got home and I asked the kids how it was, they very energetically yelled, "Totally AWESOME!" Then told me all about the hills, exploring, and how fun/scary it was riding on top of the jeep... you know, all kinds of details that stressed me out.  
But luckily they made it back alive.

 We ♥ Grandpa.

No comments: