"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Wednesday, December 12, 2012

❉ Fa la la la la ❉

--Christmas Concerts--
I loved all the red flowers on the stage....
Emma is in choir, and loves it.
This is exciting because I... kind of... made her sign up for it, even though she didn't want to.  HOORAY for a parental decision success story, ha ha.

Her and 3 other girls tried out to be one of the "special musical numbers" during the concert... and they were picked.  It was so beautiful.  I had never heard it until the school concert, because they had done all their practicing at school. Ashlin filmed it on her phone. When it was done I leaned over and whispered down the row to Ashlin, "that was so pretty I cried"... and Ashlin motioned to herself and whispered back, "me too!" {seeing Ashlin's reaction was another sweet moment for me}.

Their song "When Christmas Comes to Town":


This week her choir also performed at the mall by our house. 
These same 4 girls were asked to sing a couple songs with the jazz band. {The only girls asked}
They were cracking me up with all the impromptu choreography moves they had.  It was so funny how they were hamming it up up there.
 They got to perform again the same song they did for the evening concert.
 Emma was also invited to accompany the whole 7th grade choir on piano for one of their songs.  Emma practiced the song for weeks.  It is such a beautiful Christmas Lullaby.  I have loved listening to her practice it.  I was sooo nervous for her, because accompanying is scary stuff... you can't mess up or you could potentially mess the whole choir up.  She did good.  She only messed up when the page turner didn't turn her page in time and it threw her off, but you could hardly tell from the audience.

I was so proud of her.
 She was way jazzed up about this day.  She had so many little special parts, it was like 'the Emma show'.  She convinced Bruce to leave work to come watch her, and a sweet lady in our neighborhood {Logan's friends mom, which was so sweet of her to come}, and her Aunt Chrissy.  I was really proud of her.  She is so different from her older siblings and gets involved with so many school functions {mostly with Student Council events}.  It is so rewarding to see her growing in to a beautiful capable young lady.
I just went to see my niece Lexi's choir perform tonight.  It was amazing!  HOORAY for a school that sang lots of reverent songs about our Saviors birth.  So touching.
Loving all these Christmas Concerts!

1 comment:

Grand Central Staten said...

Emma looks like she had so much fun! She reminds me so much of Morgan - except Morgan doesn't sing or play piano - but loves to ham it up with cheer and tumbling. She would love to perform at a mall too. Emma totally deserved an Emma Show.