Last friday night, these 2 got decked out in their best 1920's attire...with a group of friends to see "The Great Gatsby"
Ashlin said half the theatre was dressed up too. It was packed, so they were sitting in like the 2nd row. Her and Cassidy were the most decked out in their group. Ashlin said right after walking in and sitting down, Cassidy stood up and faced the audience and started opening his suit jacket and pointing to himself showing off his sweet attire... and the audience all clapped. ha ha. He is such a ham.
And the rest of stayed at home, and watched "Swiss Family Robinson" per Logan's request. It was SO good. The kids all loved it!
Then saturday kicked off another summer of swimming saturdays at grandpa's house. Both my sisters families and us went, had pizza and hung out for hours. Lots of cousins, food, Duck Dynasty and swimming. It was so fun that we stayed later then we were suppose to and flaked on 2 things we had. Oh well. Family is more important, right?! The boys spent over an hour making a raft with every floaty in the pool... ha ha.
Funny Thing: I told my dad we would keep it simple and just bring pizza. Then last minute I decided to bring a big caesar salad for everyone. I was thinking I was being all nice. Then we got there and Carrie had brought 2 big containers of cut up cantaloupe and honey dew... AND a huge pan of frosted brownies. Emma looked at me and said, "Carrie always out does you" ha ha. But I thought I would still "out do" Chrissy (since none of us were suppose to bring anything but pizza money) then she walked in with a big thing of homemade bean dip, chips, burro meat and tortillas. Ha ha... everyone out did me.
And saturday night our good friends the Seiter's came over for dinner because they are moving to Kansas. Boo-Hoo. (Lily will miss her best friend Lucy).
Then Sunday...
MOTHERS DAY
First thing in the morning they let me sleep in (yay) then Logan brought me a hand written paper/list of my options for breakfast with boxes next to each item for me to check what I wanted. So cute. I felt like I was in my hospital bed after having a baby. Having so many kids... means SO many homemade gifts. BEST PRESENTS EVER! Bruce made me breakfast in bed, delivered by the kids, and dinner, and took care of everyone all day. I was feeling really sick, so was thankful I was allowed to lay around. Ashlin got the girls ready for church, and gave them a bath...
The boys went early to church... so here we are on our way to church with my 4 girls....
The young women came to relief society. Ashlin pointed out that it was the last time with both her and Emma there (since she's moving on to singles ward). They sat on either side of me and both held my hand during the lesson. And it made me happy.
I of course had some guilty feelings on mothers day... I am far from perfect, I don't handle everything well, and its been a stressful couple of weeks. But I love these kids and I'm so proud of how they are growing up. They aren't perfect, I need to remember that neither am I... we're all just doing the best we can.
A few days later I was feeling grumpy... but then walking by the door where my homemade cards are still all taped up cheered me right up.
♥♥♥








2 comments:
Love your taped-up cards. Think I will do the same - good reminder when I walk past them. ;)
So sweet on everything. I cannot believe Ashlin is going to college. Where did the time go, right?
You're a great mom. Quit feeling guilty. You amaze me!
Post a Comment