Oh yesss, I did forget to mention that my cousin Peter got married last month.
Just Ashlin, Dallin, Emma and I went to the reception.
What a treat it was hanging out with my older kids only.
I am sad that's so rare. They are funny ones.
We stole 2 quick pics with the bride and groom in the receiving line...
Peter chose very well in the wife department.
I have been really impressed with his dearest Angela.
Dallin was really impressed with their Uncle's plaid suit coat. {below}
Him and Ashlin stole a sneaky picture...
Ashlin took it while Dallin slowly creeped by.
But lets just be honest... the best part about the reception
was the dance floor.
Something that I love about my family is this:
The Blake Family likes to D-A-N-C-E
Dallin doesn't get enough of my blog space... mostly because he is always avoiding pictures. But he was so funny on the dance floor. He made me laugh. It was cute to see how much he likes to dance. I was actually proud that all 3 of my kids danced... it... up... out there.
There were other people besides Blake Family there. But I laugh because the above picture of the dance floor, is pretty much all Blakes.
I loved my kids... because of this: I wasn't necessarily feeling the "dance vibe". I was just going to watch. When the music started, my kids got up right away. As soon as they got out there Ashlin started beckoning to me to make me come dance with them. She really said, "it just didn't feel right without you too". So how could I not join in? Awwww.
They weren't embarrassed of their chubby mom.
They weren't embarrassed of their chubby mom.
Well... because, I got the moves. ha ha.
But seriously. When is the next dance party?
I am really really thankful for my wonderful accepting extended family. Such good people. Young and old, good or bad, everyone cheers everyone on the dance floor. So fun. And the groom, Peter, did like a solo dance for his wife. It was so funny. He is such a great dancer.
And PS, my backyard is still 100% dirt. But I am DREAMING that someday my backyard will look like their wedding reception:
(ha ha, maybe not super realistic, but so pretty)




No comments:
Post a Comment