Dallin had a Court of Honor sunday night.
I love him. I love Scouts. Dallin is a good boy. I am so proud of him and his desire to make good choices. He never complains about going to anything church related. And is so responsible with his priesthood duties.
And I love Court of Honors.
I love hearing about all of the stuff the boys do.
Our ward has some great leaders! Bruce worked on the scout slide show for hours on sunday. He couldn't find the perfect song for it, so I said, "Don't put sound on it and let Dallin play the guitar live with it"
Dallin got a new steel string acoustic guitar for his b-day. He played a medley of songs with the video : a hymn "If you could high to Kolob", and the Beatles songs "Blackbird".
He did great. I love him.
FUNNY THING- Logan asked me if he could wear this fake mustache to the Court of Honor, so I let him. Even though Emma grooooooaned and said,
"MOM- why are you letting Logan wear that??!"
Then during our funny Bishopric member's closing remarks {Br. Tringham} at the Court of Honor he was saying how amazing it is to watch these boys grow through the years in the scouting program. Then he stopped and said,
"Like it seems just the other day that Logan Vernon was only a kid, and now he's sitting here with a full grown mustache"
ha ha ha. It was so funny.
{self portrait by Logan}
**very important.....
SHOUT OUT TO BRUCE:
Bruce is the Scout Master. And even though I don't have a picture of him that night, he gave out most of the awards. He prepared something wonderful and funny to say about each boy. (and made at least one of the moms cry) He was so clever and witty and touching. He had spent HOURS that day working on the video, and was having technical difficulties... then he couldn't find the bag of awards and was so stressed looking... but he found it, and the evening turned out wonderful. As I watched Bruce up there my heart was so full of love for him. We have this little troop of scouts, much smaller than a lot of wards. But that man of God Bruce is at every meeting. He gives everything to his calling. I am so so proud of him. He is so good. It is such a beautiful thing. Some people might think that since there are only a few boys, its not as important. But all service in the end is for the Lord, and "serving the one" is how the Lord taught us to serve. So Bruce- I love you so much. Thank you for serving the Lord, and the few boys you have, with all your heart.
♥♥♥
SHOUT OUT TO BRUCE:
Bruce is the Scout Master. And even though I don't have a picture of him that night, he gave out most of the awards. He prepared something wonderful and funny to say about each boy. (and made at least one of the moms cry) He was so clever and witty and touching. He had spent HOURS that day working on the video, and was having technical difficulties... then he couldn't find the bag of awards and was so stressed looking... but he found it, and the evening turned out wonderful. As I watched Bruce up there my heart was so full of love for him. We have this little troop of scouts, much smaller than a lot of wards. But that man of God Bruce is at every meeting. He gives everything to his calling. I am so so proud of him. He is so good. It is such a beautiful thing. Some people might think that since there are only a few boys, its not as important. But all service in the end is for the Lord, and "serving the one" is how the Lord taught us to serve. So Bruce- I love you so much. Thank you for serving the Lord, and the few boys you have, with all your heart.
♥♥♥
(Bruce on the bottom carrying the load)



2 comments:
That was a stressful day! I'm glad it turned out well.....at least one person thought it turned out well!
He does do a great job! Sometimes I think Mitch feels as if he's drowning with the learning curve of his YM calling. Bruce is at a point that he's got things down like a well oiled machine. : ) He's a great example!
Post a Comment