"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Monday, April 15, 2013

Birthday Boy

.......Fifteen.....
(picture Dallin took of himself and edited in digital photo class)

Last week Dallin was the birthday boy. On his big day we did the usual...
-Made a fancy breakfast of his choice 
(JUEVOS RANCHEROS w/ chorizo)
-Bruce got him from school and 
took him out to lunch
-Made dinner of his choice 
(country style ribs & corn on the cob)
-took him shopping for his b-day gift
Then friday night he had a BIRTHDAY PARTY. 
Dallin kept telling us he had friends at school, but at home he just hangs out with the same couple guys all the time (Zack and Isaac). I was a little worried many kids would show up... but then like 25-30 kids came. Turns out he does have friends, ha ha! There were kids everywhere... out front with the Jumbo basketball hoop and snow cone machine, in the living room chatting listening to music, in the family room watching Spiderman. Emma & her friends were in the basement. 
These ladies did a stinking cute job helping me frost/decorate all of the birthday cupcakes in the kitchen during the party.
Then I was scared of the teenagers, so I convinced them to walk the platter in to Dallin in the living room so he could be sung to.
 I am nerdy, but I love having a bunch of kids over. It doesn't stress me out. It makes me happy to hear a house full of people.

Dallin was a lucky duck... because his dad, Dr. Vernon, has a client who owns a huge INFLATABLE rental business {BOUNCEALOT.COM}.... and they do trade straight across... 
--Veterinary Work for Bouncy Things-- 
We have been in debt to him for a while... but he came in recently and needed A LOT of Veterinary care. SWEEEEET.

So we rented the below for Dallin's party. 
And a snow cone machine.
 I forgot to take any pictures of it out front the party night.
But Sir Bounce-alot loves us and lets us keep these things all weekend, so the kids had fun with it all the next day. Turning it in to a basketball hoop/water park by putting the hose in it and playing slip and slide underneath.

ha ha.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DALLIN!

1 comment:

d.jo said...

You guys are the cool family with a bouncy house and everything! Isn't it funny that kids will be kids at any age? I remember thinking it would be fun to have a bouncy house at a birthday party when I was 15. Love it!

I'm so happy that Dallin has friends after all, haha! :) You're cute, Cherryl!