"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Monday, April 8, 2013

Claustrophobia

A few weeks ago I got to be a chaperone for Logan's field trip to Goldfield Ghost Town.
I could hear the cute little girl behind me on the bus quietly singing the sweet primary song, "Holding Hands Around the World"... while all the rest of the kids were going crazy, on the bus ride there. It was so sweet.

When Logan was a toddler, he was OBSESSED with trains.
I kept reminding him of that on the train ride below:
It was fun to spend the day with him there! (Even if I did get a little claustrophobic in the underground mine tour)
But I had to enlist THREE different helpers for Sophie while I was gone. To drive her to preschool, home from preschool, and to watch her until I got back. I can't imagine how easy twill be to volunteer when all my kids are in school. 
In 2 years that will be me!
(which will be a SAD and happy day) 

Poor Logan... I have not been involved a lot in his class this year. I wanted to teach Art Masterpiece, but it was already signed up for. I signed up to teach Music Masterpiece... but apparently too many others did too. So pretty much me helping a few piddly times was all he got. Oh well... he still loves me. I need to make up for it the next 2 years of his elementary school life, so he has lots of memories of me there helping.

2 comments:

Frolicking Night Owl said...

The little girl behind you might be in EVMCO :) - the kids are learning that song right now.

d.jo said...

:) That picture of his nose pressed against the window is hilarious. Haha!