"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Wednesday, April 24, 2013

An Adult

Last week Ashlin turned 18.
How do I even parent an adult?
She wants to know if she still has a curfew. Aaaah.
 Homemade belgium waffles for breakfast...
then Bruce and I took her out to Cheesecake Factory for lunch.
So many emotions go through my mind as I see my first little baby grown up. One of the most difficult is this:
I AM NOT BETTER YET!
What I mean by that is, every year I think I am going to do better at this or that, I think I am going to handle situations better, I have all these goals for myself.... but then somehow she is an adult now before I ever became the mother I dreamed in my mind I would be.

 But I am so proud of who she has become! If you could hear the spiritual insights she shares every Family Home Evening, you'd know why I am so thankful for this daughter.

--HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHLIN--
Friday night she had a party here.
Because of the dreamy client Bruce has with the inflatable toys business... we got a bouncy basketball bungee thing. It got here friday night... and our awesome buddy left it here until sunday. 
The kids loved it... all... day.... saturday....
They begged to sleep out on it.
Don't think I am that awesome. Since it was in the front yard, I didn't feel safe leaving them out there. We laid out there forever on it (Dallin, Logan, Emma, Lily & I all snuggled together) The boys bugged us while Emma and I laid there singing songs until almost midnight. Then when they all feel asleep, I went inside (to read my fascinating book "Infidel") and wait for Ashlin to get back from prom. At 2am I woke the kids, and sent them to their own beds.

No comments: