"To the world you may be One person, but to one person you may be the World"







Monday, May 9, 2011

Talent

Last week Emma and Logan had their first piano recital with Sister Borden.
Oh we love our piano teacher, she is fabulous.

Logan just started piano a few months ago and LOVES it. He is so incredibly disciplined and remembers to practice all on his own. He played in the school talent show this week as well. It was so cute that he wanted to, considering he just started playing piano.

I have to document here that Miss Emma and I decided on the way home from this below recital what she should do when she grows up: Music. I was surprised how Emma commanded that piano with her confidence, dynamics, crescendos and foot pedal. I told her as we drove home that she should major in music. I told her she has a darling voice, loves music, has a gift for it, is so good with people and would really be a great music teacher. The next morning she happen to have to write future goals for a school assignment and I noticed she wrote, "Music Teacher". If that happens, it was decided this night.

(Logan was so excited for the Recital...
all on his own he went and put on his suit)
I didn't even take a picture of her and Logan playing piano at their school talent show this last week. Emma played "Don't Stop Believing" (the Journey song). She did so good, I wished I would have recorded it.

The day of their recital Dallin came out with his guitar and played for me on the guitar Taylor Swifts, "You belong with me". I didn't even know he could. I made Emma come over and sing it with him. They sounded so good together. That night I made Ashlin and Bruce come and listen to them sing, Bruce didn't want to come over but I made him, promising him it was so cute.

It started off so good playing the guitar and singing together... until...
...Emma accidentally sang the chorus twice... then they started screaming at each other and Emma stomped away mad without finishing the song. Then I looked at Bruce and said, "See, wasn't that cute." ha ha.

Then Dallin was stuck with Logan to play with, who didn't know the song. He shouldn't have yelled at Emma.
But when cute Sophie gets older I just know that she will always be darling and never yell at her siblings. ha ha

No comments: